Why do we need First Aid training?
Who should learn First Aid and why is it so important? At In-Pulse CPR we offer local First Aid classes across the metro area. Please visit our home page for class locations and times.
- Dealing with Epilepsy: A First-Aider’s Guide January 2, 2012Leonard TelfordThere are few conditions that a first aider will come across that are scarier than a classic grand mal seizure. While you can bandage a wound, place someone in the recovery position, or administer CPR, the sight of someone shaking on the ground is extremely daunting if you are not use to it. First, though, you ...
- CPR and First Aid for Babysitters July 16, 2011Laura_FrostAs a child care provider you should know what to look for in signs of a child being in a struggle. This could be anything from their breathing stopping to their choking on a small wrapper. As a babysitter or
- Burn Wound Care April 8, 2011Carin MangimeliAfter the immediate burn has been treated, make plans to seek medical advice and have the wound treated by a medical professional as soon as possible to ensure that the burn does not become infected. The doctor may also be able to prescribe some topical ointment to keep the burn moist to ease scarring…
- First Aid safety tips for the Outdoorsman March 10, 2011Nupur AgarwalHowever we cannot control the forces of nature. In case you may lose your bearings and be forced to spend the night unexpectedly. Daypack of a hunter should include a map…
- Common Household Injuries and the Importance of First Aid March 2, 2011Pamela ArsenaIn any given day there will be almost 62,000 injuries that result from an accident that occurred at home,
- Camping Injury Concerns July 11, 2010Nupur AgarwalBe sure to check your first aid kit annually and replenish any exhausted or outdated medicines and supplies. And don’t forget to always take a well-stocked first aid kit whenever you go camping.
Blog Categories: What is CPR? Why do we need CPR training? Why do we need AED training? Why do we need First Aid training? Who needs Bloodborne Pathogens training? What employers need to know about CPR training for their staff Staying Healthy Avoiding Injuries Tributes to those who help make our lives safe Survival stories